Career Online High School is a division of Smart Horizons Career Online Education, a private school district that has been granted District Accreditation from Cognia (formerly AdvancED).
Cognia is the national commission that confers the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), and the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) accreditation seals.
This means that the Smart Horizons Career Online Education district and all of its schools are Cognia/SACS/NCA/NWAC accredited, and that Smart Horizons Career Online Education is recognized across the nation as a quality school system.
Cognia offers accreditation and certification, assessment, professional learning, and improvement services to institutions and other education providers. As a global nonprofit working in over 80 countries, Cognia serves 36,000 institutions, nearly 25 million students, and five million educators every day.
Learn more about the accreditation process at cognia.org.
WHY ACCREDITATION MATTERS
- Ensures the quality of the school
- You can transfer in/out credit
- Required for entry to many colleges
- Important to many employers
- Greater access to financial aid, federal loans, & scholarships
- An accredited school must “act with integrity in all matters”
- Required for some military programs